Problems downloading Windows Media Player

smudge6521 11:09 06 Sep 2010

I have recently installed Win 7 Pro N onto a PC and I am having enormous difficulties downloading the media center package from the Microsoft website. I have downloaded both the X64 and X86 version of the download however when I run the install it stops and says there is nothing to update on my PC. Can anybody point me in the right direction here. Thanks

gengiscant 11:24 06 Sep 2010

Try getting it from here:click here

kristain 12:51 06 Sep 2010

you can download from any websites providing free software.. but why don't you try other software like VLC media player, Real Player etc.

click here to know the all available media softwares.

northumbria61 13:32 06 Sep 2010

"I have downloaded both the X64 and X86 version of the download however when I run the install it stops and says there is nothing to update on my PC"

Have you checked in your "Program Files" for 64bit OR "Program Files X86" for 32bit to see if it is already installed ?

And have you chosen the correct download for your O.S. Win 7 Pro N -
click here

It appears the message "there is nothing to update on my PC" may be referring to something that is either already installed.

smudge6521 20:59 06 Sep 2010

Hi tried both links from gengiscant and northumbria but still no luck it just doesn't seem to want to install. I am running windows pro 7 N 32 bit edition. Any more ideas

northumbria61 21:53 06 Sep 2010

I don't know much about the "N" version apart from what I read here click here and that it doesn't come with any media player installed. You have got 32bit so you don't need both downloads (ie the 64bit) I can only suggest you try and completely uninstall what you have downloaded and try again. Are you downloading the correct version from the LINK I gave you ? (ie for the N version) Or download for WIN 7 Pro and try running in "compatibilty mode"

northumbria61 21:54 06 Sep 2010

Are your Windows Updates "up to date" - I would check them first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?