Problems collecting e-mail

Jarvo 19:48 13 May 2004

I have being having problems collecting my e-mail from my NTL accounts for the past few weeks

I am running windows XP, outlook 2003, norton NIS 2004, SpyBot 1.2 and now 1.3 (thanks Powerless) and addaware6, connected via NTL BB 600

My probem over the last two weeks if any of my e-mail accounts contained a virus (usaly NetSky) Outlook would just keep collecting the same e-mails without deleting them at the server every time it sent or recived (NIS would remove virus in infected files), resulting with me having to go into webmail and deleting mail manualy . Additionaly the send and recive process is taking an age and often timing out with the following message

"Task '[e-mail.address] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted.
If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"

I have tryed changing my e-mail time out settings from 1 min to 3 min, disableing NIS and detect and repair in outlook to no avail

I rang NTL and got a very helpfull person who talked me through testing my accounts with telnet and all seemed ok (Pat on the back for NTL makes a nice change and they even answerd the call in less than 5 min)

Anyone had sim probs or Ideas?

Jarvo

Wak 20:23 13 May 2004

According to the NTL Status Report on their web site, they had nationwide e-mail problems this morning for nearly an hour.
Maybe they haven't sorted it out like they thought they had!!!!
I can't collect any mail at this moment.

Daz35 20:26 13 May 2004

There's a nationwide outage at the moment that started about 6:30pm but apparantly the technicians are aware of it and working on it. That'll put everyone's mind at rest then!

Legolas 21:15 13 May 2004

I was wondering what the problem was I am getting mail but it is sloooow.

Jarvo 21:20 13 May 2004

Wak and Daz35 thanks for your promt responce but this is a problem that has gone on for two weeks now and also effects e-mail when the system is up. as I said with the help of ntl I did a Telnet test on my mail box's and all was ok. NTL sugest that it could be me I am not so sure so I was wondering if enyone else had encounterd the same problem?

Thanks again

JArvo

Jarvo 06:41 14 May 2004

Bump>

Jarvo 19:44 14 May 2004

bump

Wak 19:49 14 May 2004

I'm getting my mail OK now but it does seem to be a bit on the slow side when logging on through Mailwasher.
Hope you get it sorted.

Andsome 19:59 14 May 2004

There was a problem earlier today, but I am getting no problems at present. This may help in the future.

click here

Jarvo 23:50 16 May 2004

Seems to have resolved its self, Ill post back next time I get a virus sent if it recures

many thanks to you all

Jarvo

PS NTL broad band medic was just what I thought it was Usless to anyone who half knows their way around a computer!

Jarvo 17:58 23 May 2004

Problem came back tracked it down to Nortn Anti spam and Outlook 2003 spam filter confilicting closed norton anti spam (outlook 2003 works very well on own) and all is well.

Hope this is a help for others

Jarvo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?