I like to use Chrome as my browser. However for a few months now I find that on some sites, Ancestry.co.uk and 7 day shop Pay Pal, the click on buttons do not work. Cannot upload pictures for sales on e-bay. I have to resort to IE to get things to work. I have cleared my cache, uninstalled Google Chrome and re-installed, have the latest Java update but still problems.
Can anyone please explain why these problems are happening and how to resolve. At the end of the day if I cannot get Chrome to work as I would wish I shall have to uninstall and find a different browser. IE just does not float my boat so will be looking elsewhere.
Either use Revo to uninstall, with the browser closed, or try programs and features, uninstall then run Ccleaner and its registry cleaner, reboot. Try installing Chrome again. Not the best browser in my opinion.
Update: Without advice for an alternative browser I have uninstalled Google Chrome and reverted to Internet Explorer. Ok so it does not auto complete log in details to various sites but I can live with that. It does seem somewhat more speedy than in the past so until a reliable faster alternative is suggested I shall go with IE.
Thank you to those who have shown an interest and offered advice.
In IE go to tools, internet options, under general tab, see if 'delete browsing history on exit' box is ticked. If so, or not, click the 'delete' tab. In the pane that opens make sure that 'Preserve favourite website data' box is ticked.
As for uninstalling Chrome via Revo do not run Chrome's uninstaller within Revo. Select cancel and let Revo carry on . Use the Advanced uninstall option in Revo. That means you'll have to reinstall Chrome, use Revo, cancel Chrome's uninstaller within Revo, then carry on with Revo's removal under Advanced removal option. I'd then reboot to complete. After that then install Chrome again to see if it now works OK.
I find that a small number of sites don't work well in Chrome (certain drop downlists, buttons etc. just don't show). But work fine in IE.
I think you'll find that it is down to the rendering engines in the browsers being different and / or the websites behaving differently depending upon which web browser they are running in.
A lot of sites detect various characteristics (e.g. what browser, screen size, operating system) of the client environment that they are running in and adapt themselves accordingly. Not always very well. It's a big issue for website developers trying to maintain compatibility with various web browsers (and different iterations of each).
Not a lot you can do other than try a different browser whenever it happens.