Problems With Buzzing, Crackles & Static Sounds During Playback

DarthFuge 18:59 28 Nov 2014

Every time I watch something in my laptop whether it's a movie in a media player or when I watch a video at You Tube, I hear slight sounds of buzzing, crackles and static at times. It's not loud but it's still very annoying. It comes and goes such as every ten minutes for a few minutes and when those few minutes are up it comes back again about ten minutes later. At first I thought one of my media players needed sorting and it does all this with other media players. Then it got more interesting when it started doing it at You Tube as well. Can somebody help me fox this problem please? Thanks.

Ian in Northampton 20:24 28 Nov 2014

Are you using the laptop's own speakers? Could you try external speakers? Maybe a problem with your laptop's speakers - attaching external ones would confirm or eliminate that possibility.

DarthFuge 20:59 28 Nov 2014

I am using the laptop speakers but this problem never used to happen. I've had my laptop for two years now and this problem started a couple of weeks ago.

DarthFuge 20:59 28 Nov 2014

I am using the laptop speakers but this problem never used to happen. I've had my laptop for two years now and this problem started a couple of weeks ago.

Ian in Northampton 08:21 29 Nov 2014

That's not really conclusive - that it used to be OK, but now it's not. Things break... :-) It's possible that a loose connection has developed somewhere, for example, or some part - your sound chip, for example - has deteriorated in some way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?