Problems burning video CD

Soapy-77 20:37 26 Nov 2003

Please help. I am trying to burn a video CD using MGI Video Wave v5, which I successfully managed to do last week. However, today, when it apears to be half way through the process, I get the following error message:

SCSI Error: Check Condition SKey: Illegal Request ASC: 36 ASCQ:0

Anybody got any ideas what this is? I am attempting to burn stored DV clips (stored as MPEG2 format). Like I say, I thought it may be a compatability problem (e.g. perhaps I should burn MPEG1 or AVI formats only to Viedo CD) but I managed to burn MPEG2 format files last week and watch them on my DVD player very successfully.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
S-77

MichelleC 21:24 26 Nov 2003

What burning prog are you using? Roxio?

dazzling (work) 21:27 26 Nov 2003

should you not be burning svcd with mpeg 2 files?darren

Soapy-77 22:02 26 Nov 2003

I am trying to burn using the MGI Video Wave program itself. I also have Roxio (Nero).

Am I right in thinking that VCD can only take MPEG 1 format, and not MPEG2 (which is for SuperVCD or DVD)?

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:29 26 Nov 2003

DVD takes mpeg2 which are quite large to fit to a compact disk i must say. I would suggest converting to mpeg 1 and then creating your vcd. dont know how you managed it last week.

Bapou 22:37 26 Nov 2003

I have a similar problem with Ulead's VideoStudio 7. Creating a VCD and burning with the program does not work for my standalone DVD player.

I render to VCD, save the file then copy to CD with Nero as a data file which will play in the DVD Player.
A helpful place is:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?