problems with brand new Dell 530 Inspiron.

jcdel 15:13 22 Jun 2008

Yep brand new and getting nowhere with Dell but I think I might have ordered a curry.First it lost Media player so I downloaded Itunes but it also lost that.Preinstalled programmes struggle with acceptable licensing agreements???.Typically are instances like Roxio-could not find licence.Adobe will not accept licensing agreement.Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird will not download and any software I try to download or install the accept terms buttons just freeze.It is running Vista Home Premium and it has been suggested that this could be the problem.I've seen these programmes working alongside Vista on other PC's so why is my new Dell not happy.It's also been suggested that Dell will string it out until the expiry of the 21 day refund arrangement???Originally it had Diskette-seek failure but we resolved that via the forum not Bangladesh.All Windows pragrammes work fine i.e. Word,Powerpoint etc it seems to be anything connected via download or licensing.Any help greatfully appreciated.I have just googled Dell problems and it is scary.

crosstrainer 15:27 22 Jun 2008

Did you register your new lappy online when you first got it?

citadel 15:29 22 Jun 2008

maybe its the firewall blocking stuff.

kidsis 15:46 22 Jun 2008

hi, can I ask if you have tried starting in safe mode - do the same issues occur? I seem to remember hearing last year that under Vista, some people had probs with the Adobe licensing agreement, you could have a look on their forum. However, if this is a brand new system you should get in touch with Dell themselves. If you go to their forum website you should find links to support, if you do this remember to have a note of your tag number as you have to type this in to their form. If you type them a message this saves phoning, and they may be able to offer advice. I see you have already been on to the forum, was that just for the one issue or did you ask for help with all you mention here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 22 Jun 2008

As it virtually new
backup your data photos etc. and do a factory restore.

If that doesn't work then insist that DEll replace it.

jcdel 23:49 22 Jun 2008

I think we have sorted it.Turning user account control off seems to have cured most of the problems.I am having to reinstall some drivers etc. but things seem to be working.Clearly Dell have not tested thoroughly or at all.Only one problem now and that is a very "clicky" hard drive.I still find it hard to believe that you can't resolve these issues sensibly over the phone without incurring massive phone charges at premium rates.I just wish I had built one with the PC Advisor article for £200.Incidentally Adobe recommend turning account control back on??????????????? for their set up.Many thanks for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires