1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press R to goto the recovery console
4. Enter the Admin password when asked (if you haven't set one just press Enter)
5. At the command prompt C:\Windows type - fixmbr - press enter
6. then type - fixboot - press enter
7. type - exit - press enter to end recovery console
8. remove XP CD and see if the machine will now boot into windows.