Problems with "black" screen

AudunSe 01:47 01 Aug 2009

Hi,

I use a new laptop where everything works good. In addition I use a quite old monitor, Hyundai DeluxScan 7770, when I use the laptop as stationary PC. This has worked good until an hour ago. While I tried to optimize the screen settings and the like on the laptop (at the same time I had activated the Hyundai monitor and had the identical scree picture on both monitors) the secondary monitor (ie the Hyundai monitor) got "black". Even if it got black I can from time to time see the mouse point move in the direction like it does on my laptop screen, so the Hyundai monitor hasn't died out.
I guess I have changed one or several settings on the Hyndai monitor to levels which are outside its range.
I want to ask you if you have any idea how I can set the settings back to default (I don't have the manual for the Hyundai monitor any longer and I don't have any other PC than the laptop I use now to help myself due to try solving my problem). If there are other options than set the settings back to default I am thankful if you can post them. And I am also thankful if anyone has a link to a page where I can get tips about my problems.

Regards Audun, Norway.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:56 01 Aug 2009

Unlikely to be the monitor itself, more likely the settings for the second screen on the graphics card are wrong.

try resetting the second screen settings b right click on desktop - select properties - settings - select screen 2 - adjust the refresh rate to approx 74Hz and see if the monitor returns to life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?