problems accessing email attatchments??

Blokka 20:48 01 Mar 2004

Im having problems accessing email attatchments, now i know they are not viruses or unsafe to open them, as i know what they are and who they are from however when i open the email i get a messege "OE removed access to the following unsafe attatchments in your mail" it then gives you the name of the files which are a .xls format.
Does any1 know how I can gain access to these files again since it has prevented me as soon as i recieved them on my pc through outlook express?

JFT 20:53 01 Mar 2004

You can't access them now but to prevent it happening in future open outlook express> Tools> Options> Security> Uncheck the "Don't allow attachments to be saved"
Hope this helps!

steven_frost 20:55 01 Mar 2004

Simple problem to resolve goto tools options then security then uncheck the box with do not allow attachments to be saved or open then shut down outlook express and reopen it and all should be well

Blokka 20:56 01 Mar 2004

Thanx mate ive just tried it and fortunatly it allowed me to gain access and save the files PHEW! nice one JFT!

midase 20:57 01 Mar 2004

Open OE and cick on Tools then Options. Open the Security Tab and take the tick out of the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opend that could potentially be a virus". Click on Apply and this should do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?