problems with about blank & trojan horse

wiggywaggy 20:02 22 Feb 2005

Can anyone help me as I am losing the will to live with theses problems on my computer. About blank keeps taking over my home page and when I change it back it knocks me of web sites I am using. I have ran spysweeper everyday more than once, spybot & I have pccillin installed after macfee failed to protect my system. The trojan horse is spooner A and I also have ns3 hijacker that keeps coming back. I am going to install xp in a few days, so I wondered if it was best to start from scratch and back up my files. Also I was considering geting a new hard-drive. Can anyone shed any light on how to get rid of theses things permantly??

dogbreath1 20:04 22 Feb 2005

You might find click here useful.

stalion 20:07 22 Feb 2005

seeing as you have at least three difficult problems there probably best to post a hijack this log click here

Dan the Confused 20:14 22 Feb 2005

Try running Ad-aware SE click here and CWShredder click here in safe mode. Update Ad-aware first then bootup in safe mode by tapping F8 before Windows loads and select it from the menu that appears.

wiggywaggy 22:58 22 Feb 2005

I will try the suggestions posted so far and let you know how I get on.

wiggywaggy 14:02 23 Feb 2005

I have ran ad aware and cw shredder. Just a matter of time to see if they have worked. thanks

wiggywaggy 19:10 24 Feb 2005

I'm afraid none of those things worked. I am getting more about blank and pop ups than before. anyone anymore suggestions.

stalion 19:36 24 Feb 2005

you already have my suggestion.In your best interests I would use it.
Regards

stalion 20:24 27 Feb 2005

Download the program called Hijack this log to it's own folder from the site I have posted and run it on your computer.
Then post the result on here,break the result in to parts as the limit for one thread is 800 words,
be sure to post the complete log including your computer details which will be at the begining.If you need more help please ask
Regards

Star Lord 19:21 28 Feb 2005

I also had a problem and i changed my internet browser.This is very good. Im using it and have google as homepage and there are no problem at all with BLANK OR ANY POPUPS.

Free Download of Enigma Browser

Once you have it instaled on your pc. You can use it to BLOCK sites,everytime you get a site you dont want, highlight its name, copy and then click on enigma browser TOOLS, got to SITE FILTER then ADD TO BLACK LIST and paste the site name in the address and click add, that should stop you from bring that site up. You should be able to do this with BLANK. Then go back in tools and Internet Option and delete all temp/cookies files the type in new homepage and apply.

Star Lord 19:42 28 Feb 2005

If my last bit of help does not work then you need spyware nuker you can read about it on their site just type in Spyware nuker blank

or go on to the following site by typing in

cnet downloads in you search. once on the site type in lime wire and change the IN Windows pull down to in downloads.

download a free copy of lime wire if you dont have one. instal it on to your pc and then in limewire download a copy of SPYWARE NUKE. install that on your PC and run it that should get rid of BLANK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone