Problems with 64bit Google Chrome

stephneedham 13:54 07 Nov 2014

Has anyone else had problems running the 64bit version of Chrome on Windows 8.1 (64bit)? I have just reverted to the 32bit version of Chrome, having found the 64bit build almost unusable - long delays when typing into the search box; dropdown menus not working and general sluggishness.

Sorry, forgot to note the version number before I uninstalled it, but it was the latest stable build.

sunnystaines 14:11 07 Nov 2014

freezes up quiet often, especially on gmail but other webs too. i close it down in task manager and reopen that solves the problem, also running ccleaner makes it a lot more responsive and quicker just a guess but i think it has memory leaks.

catpwss 14:13 07 Nov 2014

Hi.May I ask how did you revert back to the 32bit chrome? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 07 Nov 2014

No problems here using 64bit chrome latest version on windows 8.1

stephneedham 09:28 08 Nov 2014

I reverted to 32bit by downloading the 32bit installer, uninstalling the 64bit Chrome and doing a cleanup with ccleaner and then installing 32bit Chrome.

I'll stick with 32bit Chrome for now. My laptop is getting a little long in the tooth,but I will try again maybe after having a good clean up.

Thanks for all your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?