Problems?

tobyjug472002 12:07 18 Feb 2008

Ive got a couple of problems, dont know if anyone can help. Pentium 4 Running XP Home Compac Presario...with the OS pre-installed on a partition of the 250 Gb Hard drive..( Hence no Windows Disc) I want to know if/or how i can format the Drive..i can restore it back to its original setup. but i wish if possible to completely format it without loosing the partition where the OS is about 5Gb i think?
I have got a 250 Gb External HD as well.

The other 'problem' if thats not too drastic of a word, does anyone know a programme i can maybe just download to get rid of duplicate files, be it MP3's, Films, etc.,

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Clapton is God 12:25 18 Feb 2008

If you have the OS on a separate partition, that would indicate that you also have the option to restore to factory settings without the need to format. Have a look in the PC manual.

This will get rid of duplicate files click here

tobyjug472002 12:49 18 Feb 2008

I'm a Clapton fanatic...Thanks for the link to the programme to delete duplicate files, i'll give that a go....with regards to the OS on a seperate partition you are correct, i can restore it to the factory setting, but ive accumulated quite a lot of junk, i presume achived files..plus my AVG Antivirus has picked up a Trojan Horse in C:\ System Volume Information...i just hoped i would be able to format the whole drive, to get rid of this accumalation of garbage.

Thanks anyway ( Eric)

fishface113 18:56 18 Feb 2008

I have a Dell laptop with the same set up. I recently used the restore function and was given the option of repairing windows or restoring to factory settings. I assure you restore to factory settings formats the partition and starts again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?