problemen bt voyager210 and router netgear wpn 824

sharpegreg 15:59 04 Dec 2007

Hi,
i'm on vista.

first of all, is it possible to connect those 2 products together to get internet ?

when i 'm connected to internet with the bt voyager only : i get no problem.

when i start to use the cd instal for setup the router, it tells me that my computer is not connected with Ethernet (where it is) why ? (in the past i used it exactly like that with another modem and no problem)

i try to run the setup by the router homepage but the internet detection failed too.

how can i solve my issue ?

Greg

Kemistri 16:07 04 Dec 2007

A wireless router plus a wireless modem/router? No; not going to happen. Your Netgear needs a modem, so unless the BT thing can function only as a modem (very much doubt it) then it's a no-go.

Kemistri 16:08 04 Dec 2007

Begs the question "what's wrong with using only the Voyager"?

sharpegreg 16:24 04 Dec 2007

the bt voyager is only for one pc and i want to connect 2...

so no way to use my netgear as a simple hub to connect 2 pc :(((

Greg

Kemistri 16:56 04 Dec 2007

If that BT thing is actually router, as it apparently claims to be, then it must be able to support multiple clients. Otherwise, it's not a router because it won't be doing very much routing! It might help if you post the specs. If it cannot function as a router in its own right, then you need either [a] an Ethernet ADSL modem (if the Netgear does NOT support USB modems) or [b] a USB ADSL modem (if it DOES support them) or [c] a standard wireless ADSL modem/router like everyone else uses.

sharpegreg 19:50 04 Dec 2007

working perfectly after the update of the netgear router.

Regards

Greg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires