Problem in WinAso

isititis 19:43 10 Apr 2010

Evening all,
After a registry scan there are 26 errors, of which 4 are high risk. Two of those 4 high risk errors are 'set to delete' after running a scan, which is ok. The remaining 2 are showing 'ignore forever' Because they are of a high risk nature I am tempted to checkmark the box and delete them even though they are showing ignore forever. What's stopping me is the description of both of them that says dll file can't be found. My system is Win xp home sp3. Thank you in advance of any help.

VoG II 20:49 10 Apr 2010

Better post the entries!

rdave13 21:39 10 Apr 2010

Ccleaner has a mild reg cleaner. Works with XP, Vista and 7. Ran regscrubvistaxp on XP and Vista but caused damage on Win 7. Winaso also can knacker your system.
Stopped trying these programs out. Winaso I dumped as in my opinion not very good if it leaves you in a quandary.

isititis 02:07 11 Apr 2010

VoG
Thank you for your advice, but I don't know how to post entries. I am not going to delete them until I know it's safe to do so. Please advise.

rdave13
Thank you for your contribution. I have used WinAso for a few years now without any problem as all the errors have been checkmarked for deletion, but not this time and I don't know why

sunnystaines 08:39 11 Apr 2010

I take it you are running the latest version that was updated on 28th march 2010 and have a backup image.

if you decide to delete these, take a reg back up with erunt so the reg can be restored if problems occur.

erunt download if you do not already have it
click here

birdface 09:17 11 Apr 2010

Just leave them and they will not show again.
If you remove them you can always use the restore button on Winaso to put them back if they are needed.
I have never had to use the restore button and I have been using Winaso for about 4 years.

sunnystaines 09:31 11 Apr 2010

i have not used restore button on winaso for a couple of years, but the one time i needed it [deleted hp printer keys in error] it failed to restore.

i still use winaso as i think it does a good job but always back up first since the event i mentioned above.

isititis 10:27 11 Apr 2010

Thanks fellas. I have to go out right now till late afternoon, but will have a good look when I get back. Thanks again.

isititis 20:35 11 Apr 2010

All items marked 'Set To Delete' have been deleted. I didn't touch the 'Ignore Forever' ones and they went too, just like buteman said they would.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?