Problem with Win XP and PCA Forum

pj123 10:35 21 Aug 2006

I am still trying to get to grips with Win XP

I bought a 160gb hard drive and Win XP home with SP2.

All installed and working well.

But when I am on PCA Forum and click on a thread title IE shuts down and I am back on my Desktop.

Log in again and click the same thread and it opens OK. Try another thread and IE shuts down again. This happens everytime.

No other website I try does this only PCA Forum?

I took the XP hard disk out and put my Win 98SE disk back in and I don’t get the same problem.
I am on Win 98SE at the moment.

Totally-braindead 11:01 21 Aug 2006

I'm on XP and have no problem at all. Therefore I would suggest that the problem is with your installation of XP, or perhaps Internet Explorer. Try using Firefox and see if that runs ok. If not check you installed the motherboard drivers - reinstall them if necessary. And if that fails try a repair of XP and see what that does.

I must admit I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this should only happen on the PCA website. Perhaps someone else will have an explanation of this.

VoG II 11:07 21 Aug 2006
  ade.h 12:38 21 Aug 2006

You're not alone, pj. click here

pj123 13:47 21 Aug 2006

ade.h, so it seems. I am now back on Win 98SE and it is not happening now. So I have to assume it is something to do with XP (again)?

rodriguez 14:06 21 Aug 2006

I had a problem with this forum before where IE would sometimes just close or it would come up with the "Send error report" error before closing. This was a couple of weeks ago though and it hasn't done it since. Might have been a fix in Windows Update somewhere.

mimosa418 14:14 21 Aug 2006

I have never noticed this problem until today when I tried to resad the ppost on Office Beta serial no below. IE7 just shuts down when I try to open this post. All other items work OK. I was blaming the IE7 beta but it seems other have a similar problem. The same problem exists with Firefox which have just tried so assume it is something on the forum.

961 14:14 21 Aug 2006

Could this be related to script errors?

If you go to IE Tools, internet options, advanced, have you got "disable script debugging," etc ticked?

tiscalitrev 14:55 21 Aug 2006

If it is any consolation I have exactly the problem as you describe. When I use Firefox (as now) everything is OK. My prob started about 2 months ago, I do not bother to use IE6 now for the PCA forum, as I have never found the reason.I will keep my eye on this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?