Problem when playing media and other programs

JAkEshneg 14:26 20 Jun 2009

Hello, this is my first post so I hope its in the right place and what not, The problem I have is that when i play media of any kind it distorts and starts to play slowly as if my PC is not fast enough or have a virus. I have just cleared all viruses on three diferent antivirus programs and even if i have nothing else running, it still does it so im convinced these are not the problems. I have a biostar nVidia GeForce 7050 motherboard and its only started doing it after about a year of having it. Can anyone help me? Thankyou.

chub_tor 15:51 20 Jun 2009

If it has only started doing it recently have you tried doing a System Restore to a time before it started happening? This should always be the first place to start.

tullie 16:01 20 Jun 2009

You arent running more than one AV on your system are you?

Les28 16:23 20 Jun 2009

Worth a quick check to see if dma transfer has reverted to pio mode.

click here

click here

JAkEshneg 17:22 20 Jun 2009

Thanks, Les28 it turns out my PC had reverted to pio mode, its on ultra dma 6 now, ill see how it goes and let you know. It seems weird that it started when my PC had loads of viruses so thats what i though the problem was, so i reloaded windows xp altogether for a fresh start quite recently, but it still kept doing it, ill see how it goes anyway. Thanks!

JAkEshneg 19:32 24 Jun 2009

Yep its been fine, definately fixed, thanks again!

JAkEshneg 17:00 01 Jul 2009

Errr, hello again, i know i put this as solved, but over the days it gradually reverted to Ultra DMA 5 and then 4 and now its back on pio mode i had to uninstall it again, any ideas as to why it keeps going back? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?