Problem when adding to a thread

birdface 08:13 24 Mar 2009

Hi.Developed a problem when I search for something and go back to the thread that I was answering everything that I had already typed has gone.
I am sure this has only started since updating AVG to the 8.5 version yesterday.It is rather annoying ,Anybody know how to resolve the problem.

birdface 08:15 24 Mar 2009

I should have added I always have Tabs switched off and use IE7.

natdoor 09:00 24 Mar 2009

To avoid such problems, I always open another copy of my browser and switch between the versions.

birdface 09:05 24 Mar 2009

I do have Firefox downloaded so may try that to see if it makes any difference.
The only problem is that I am not that keen on Firefox.

natdoor 10:17 24 Mar 2009

I use Firefox and open it twice! You can do this with I.E. Just minimise to reveal your desktop and open I.E. again.

I find that going back and forward with one version does usually work but I thinkI must inadvertently do a double click from time to time which throws the sequence.

Jim Thing 10:27 24 Mar 2009

...usually when I've almost finished typing a longish post. So now I type my posts in Notepad and copy/paste them into the thread.

Jim Thing 10:30 24 Mar 2009

...usually when I've almost finished typing a longish post. So now I type my posts in Notepad and copy/paste them into the thread.

Jim Thing 10:33 24 Mar 2009

Sorree!!

birdface 10:37 24 Mar 2009

Thanks for the input.Just tried it in Firefox and no problems on there so must be an IE7 problem.Believe it or not I have never used Notepad before but will have a look at that shortly.

birdface 10:42 24 Mar 2009

Hi.Just trying Notepad now.Forget the click here just testing to see if it works as well.

click here

birdface 10:43 24 Mar 2009

Thanks for that.Notepad works fine.So might try that in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?