Problem watching you tube videos.

blackpat 16:58 06 Dec 2009

Dell dimsion 5150. windows xp media editon.

Hi, when I try and watch music videos on you tube,it keeps stopping and starting, with a cirle in the middle that rotates. About 2 years ago, I had my video card upgraded to a Nvidia geforce 9600 GT. while i was at it, I had the computer power upgraded from 300+watts to 600+ watts. My partner as an identicle computer to me, less the upgrades, and has no problems with videos on you tube. Any ideas?
Blackpat.

rdave13 17:01 06 Dec 2009

Check broadband speed. Run Ccleaner to remove temp and cashe files etc.,
click here

blackpat 17:56 06 Dec 2009

hi rdave, thanks for your input. My broadband speed is approx. 5.5 mbps about the same as my partners. I have Norton 360 that does all the cleaning of temp and cashe files etc. I run the norton stuff, and then tried you tube, and it's still the same.
Blackpat

rdave13 17:58 06 Dec 2009

Try Ccleaner. Reboot and see how the streaming goes with YouTube.

Sea Urchin 18:40 06 Dec 2009

You could download Speedbit Video Accelerator - you only need the free version to work with YouTube

click here

blackpat 06:32 07 Dec 2009

Sea urchin, I downloaded speedbit video acc. and it seems a whole lot better, although it still buffers accasionally.

Rdave, re rebooting etc. I haven't tried what you suggested yet, but I will if it gets any worse..

What I would like to know, is why do I have this trouble when my partner doesn't (same computer, same broadband speed)

anyway, thanks both for all your help. you do good work.
Blackpat.

octal 06:42 07 Dec 2009

Also make sure you have the latest Adobe Flashplayer installed, it should be 10.0.32.18

click here

wiz-king 07:08 07 Dec 2009

Same Norton? I changed from Norton to Eset and my speed increased a fair bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?