problem with viewing ebay

ray27 08:15 29 Jul 2006

When I try to use ebay everything is ok until I click on the picture , When I do this a download box appears and ask if I would like to download the file
When I do this it proceeds to show me it is down loading ,you know the little piece of paper flying from left to right, I flush the DNS as I was advised by ebay and it then appears to be ok I can click on the picture of an item and it shows up in the usual way but when I reboot the next time it has reverted to the download file box Can anyone tell me what the problem is.

There doesn’t appear to be a problem with any other aspect of the net

I can use Ancestry and sites like that it only seem to be a problem with the ebay site
Any help would be very much appreciated
Kind regards Ray

Al94 09:37 29 Jul 2006

What browser are you using?

jcnicholls 09:43 29 Jul 2006

What ISP you on?

ray27 16:35 29 Jul 2006

I am using Microsoft Internet explorer which came with Windows XP Home aand my ISp is NTL Broadband

ray27 08:15 30 Jul 2006

It seem that flushing the DNS is not solving the problem all the time.
When I tried to use the site this morning the download box appeared so I flushed the DNS but it did not clear the problem.
The download box that appears when I click on an item only shows that it is downloading the file from ebay , it does not tell you the estimated time left or where the file is being loaded to or the transfer rate these are all blank

ray27 14:49 30 Jul 2006

I dont seem to be getting any replies on this one so I am bumping it up in hope of some assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?