Problem viewing burnt CD on a video recorder/playe

Mananin 21:06 26 Jun 2006

After taking photos with a video camera (Nikon) they are downloaded onto my computer.These are automatically filed in numerical order.of being taken.
Most images will have been taken in landscape mode but some (because of the subject) will have been taken in portrait mode. Initially, all images show on the computer in lanscape mode therefore it is necessary to “rotate” those taken in portrait mode.
Also it may be necessary to “adjust” some images for brightness, contrast etc.

At this stage I use Roxio Easy CD Creator to burn images to a CD of a particular subject eg a holiday.
When an original image from a camera is rotated or adjusted its file number is retained but its file information is modified to show the date when the modification took place. Consequently the images of any particular subject group will have differing modification dates and this can change the order in which the images are listed in Explorer or photo imaging software.
Having burnt a subject group to a CD and then wanting to view the CD it is relatively easy to “sort” the images back for a slide show by sorting in “name” order.
However, when I try viewing the CD on a TV screen via a recorder/player I have found no way of getting the modified images to show in their original order. The modified ones always show after the non-modified images.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mananin

mgmcc 08:25 27 Jun 2006

<<< Consequently the images of any particular subject group will have differing modification dates and this can change the order in which the images are listed in Explorer or photo imaging software. >>>

Assuming you are viewing in Windows Explorer's "Details" mode, it will only change the listing if the files are ordered on the "Date Modified" column. What happens if you right click the headings bar and untick the Date Modified box so that column isn't displayed?

Alternatively, get a little application that lets you change the date/time stamps for files click here

silverous 13:33 27 Jun 2006

..you can also ordered on 'date picture taken' via explorer, which should not be updated.

Terry Brown 17:34 27 Jun 2006

If you have Microsoft office on you system, you should have Powerpoint, use that to create the photo's in the order you want them and use the in built system to burn to CD. This CD will play on any DVD player

Mananin 23:09 27 Jun 2006

To mgmcc, Silverous and Terry Brown
Thanks for suggestions. Will try all.
Mananin

Mananin 22:02 28 Jun 2006

mgmcc
Thanks for lead to TimeSnapToucher.
It seems to work a treat.
Shows how useful the Forum is.
Mananin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Musique en streaming : Spotify vs Deezer