problem using Tiscali webmail address bk

palinka 16:45 15 Jul 2009

A friend has this problem and trying to sort it out for her I discovered I have the same problem: suppose a name is in the webmail address book (eg John for someone called [email protected]); if I type John when I want to send John an email I get an error message that the name is unknown - and I have to type the full email address instead. It's very irritating.Has anyone found a solution to this, please?

Stuartli 17:04 15 Jul 2009

Does the Tiscali webmail service actually feature an AutoComplete mode?

It doesn't with TalkTalk's webmail as I've just checked out of curiosity.

palinka 17:11 15 Jul 2009

I see what you mean Stuartli; that hadn't ocurred to me and I don't know the answer. BUT I use Windows mail on my main PC and that doesn't have AutoComplete either, but it still finds the address in the address book if I type the name (not the email address)that I've given to that person. It's THAT aspect that is the irritation with Tiscali webmail, so I hadn't seen it as an AutoComplete problem

palinka 17:20 15 Jul 2009

perhaps my invented example wasn't the best choice to explain the problem - try this instead:
If my friend is called John Smith and his email address is [email protected] , I enter him in the webmail address book as John Smith and list his email address.
What annoys me is that I can't just type John Smith when I want to send him an email.
I suppose it IS an auto complete issue - if so, have any other Tiscali users got a solution?

palinka 20:22 16 Jul 2009

anyone??

palinka 17:01 22 Jul 2009

Been trying it out and it looks as though this is a webmail issue with ALL webmails ; applies with Pipex as well. just have to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?