problem using Tesco site with Firefox

Halmer 14:29 15 Nov 2008

When I click here and try to enlarge the image, for some reason, a dialogue box opens up asking me which program to use rather than just enlargening the image.

Would someone mind testing it for me please to see if it is a Tesco thing and not my PC.

Thanks in advance.

Zurdo 14:41 15 Nov 2008

It's a common problem with this site see click here I found the answer was to uninstall the word in works module.

Woolwell 17:26 15 Nov 2008

I have the same problem with Firefox but not with Opera. It would seem that the Tesco site is not fully compatible with Firefox.

chub_tor 17:42 15 Nov 2008

No problem here with Tesco on Firefox (latest edition 3.0.4) or with Chrome.

Zurdo 19:47 15 Nov 2008

Ignore my previous thread about Word in Works Suite addon. This was to cure another prob! Sorry.

Halmer 09:23 16 Nov 2008

sporadic because I've viewed the enlarged TV today via FF and it worked for some reason.

Halmer 09:25 16 Nov 2008

It looks like it works first time (with a cleared cache) and then the second time brings up the box.

Halmer 11:42 16 Nov 2008

I have Adblock. Wonder if it's that?

To be honest I've just viewed it a number of times without problem then went to another TV and that one failed so it's got me stumped.

wightman 12:48 18 Nov 2008

Hi Guys
I to have problems with Tesco site, this started when purely by co-incidence Tesco re-designed their site and Firefox moved to ver 3.0.0.
When I contacted Mozilla via Bugzilla I was informed they were working on this problem; finally they came up with a 'fix'?? the trouble lay within Java there was some form of incompatibility which would be solved when release 10 came out. This has not fixed the issue.
I use I/E v7 and have no problem using the Tesco site, in addition I have downloaded IEPro7 this allows me to switch rendering engines by a click of the mouse. There does not at present to be a fix for this or until Tesco and Mozilla get their heads together.

wightman 12:58 18 Nov 2008

Hi Guys
Sorry I forgot to state that you can open the Tesco site its only when you start browsing the pages that the 'Dialogue Boxes' open up instead of the page.
I have contacted Tesco webmaster with the 'thoughts' that Mozilla gave me, they invited Tesco to get in touch with them...result...zilch !!
Draw your only conclusions but surely a major company like this should listen to problems their on-line customers have.

Halmer 13:33 18 Nov 2008

makes me feel better that it's not my PC ;-)

Cheers.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?