Problem updating nvidia driver

Thurrafork 23:58 09 Jun 2006

I have a 7800gtx and was previously running the 84.43 drivers. I tried to remove these prior to updating to 91.31 betas, went to add/remove programs, down to Nvidia drivers, click remove, then I get box saying: "NVIDIA Uninstall Error (18) There are no more files. Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NVIDIA Drivers\SubComponents"
I have no choice but to click OK in this box, then I get: "NVIDIA Uninstall Error(0) The Operation has been successfully completed." then the same Windows pathway. The next 4 clicks of OK brings up the same box. Then the box where you choose what Nvidia components to remove... but there are no choices in the box. I used to have the Nv display driver, an Nv audio driver I think, and another Nv driver that I cant remember... but they've gone so I can't uninstall. I tried just installing the new drivers - the same nvidia error boxes came up then I had a quick BSOD and restart. Now apparently I have the 91.31 drivers according to my nv display box. But something is obviously wrong here! Any ideas?!

rdave13 00:31 10 Jun 2006

Go to add/remove and uninstall all Nvidia drivers. Start--- search--- nvidia ( make sure all hidden files and folders are searched)--- delete all. Run a reg cleaner and then reboot. Install latest Nvidia drivers (suggest not beta).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?