Problem Uninstalling Office 2007

I am trying to uninstall Office 2007 but I keep getting an error come up saying

'This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this ia a valid Windows Installer patch package.'

Is there a free uninstall program I can use that has its own uninstaller rather than using the uninstaller within the program it is trying to uninstall? Thanks.

birdface 13:56 22 Sep 2011

Not sure if this is any good

from Another Forum.

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/04/10/uninstall-microsoft-office-2007-in-vista-and-xp/

That is for XP or Vista so if using W/7 maybe not.

gengiscant 15:19 22 Sep 2011

You as I have discovered that whereas Microsoft might know about operating systems some of its software is shocking. Spell -check for me has ceased to work through an update from Microsoft and I have tried everything I have found to get it to work. I finally decided to remove the installation and reinstall but have discovered that this is easier said than done.

Tried this:Fix it didn't work.

Tried this: Rip out

Even went through the registry looking for traces, must have missed some.

Reinstalled,spell check still does not work.

The two links may help you though.

rawprawn 15:30 22 Sep 2011

Have you tried re installing it first and then try again to uninstall? Revo uninstaller is very good.

Bapou 16:23 22 Sep 2011

If all else fails fails try Rip Out Office 2007 I've never used this myself but seen it recommended before. In fact after a similar problem with Office 2003 which would not budge, when upgrading to 2007 I downloaded this Rip Out program for future reference. It's free.

Woolwell 16:49 22 Sep 2011
  birdface 18:50 22 Sep 2011

Woolwell

That Fix it Looks promising.

Thanks Woolwells worked.

Woolwell 12:33 27 Sep 2011

Good. Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?