Problem uninstalling

Chas49 13:48 07 Nov 2008

Super Antispyware.

I am registered as the administrator of this computer. Yet, when I try to uninstall this program I am told that I need permission! Anyone know what is going on? As no uninstall program was included in the download it looks as though SAS don't want you to uninstall their program! I have only had it for a couple of days and, on each startup it says there are downloads, clicking to accept these downloads appears to do this and then the notice comes up again - clearly a bug in the program - I want to get rid of it, but how?

Technotiger 13:50 07 Nov 2008

Try un-installing with click here

Sea Urchin 14:06 07 Nov 2008

Instructions from SAS about uninstalling

click here

There are many definition updates to SAS which is one reason why it's so good at its job. I disable automatic updating, and only update before I run a scan.

Chas49 15:12 07 Nov 2008

Revo didn't show the program Technotiger.

The Super Spyware uninstaller worked fine Sea Urchin. From what you say it would appear that you didn't have the same experience as I, ie:- the constant reappearance of the update box until cleared by clicked the 'x' at top right corner - I would have expected the box to have disappeared automatically on downloading and installing the updates, I assume that because you were on manually requested updates that you never saw the box at all? I may install again later and follow your example and disable auto.

Thanks to both of you - both for the solution and the quick replies.

Sea Urchin 16:24 07 Nov 2008

Glad you got it sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?