problem with toshiba hd dvd-rom drive

kickboxer1 20:52 19 Aug 2009

Hi guys, basicly i now have a new problem co-incidence or not, i have no idea, i converted a movie then burnt it to disc(dvd) used the same programe i always use everything went as normal until i tried to play the disc back, nothing happened, normally the disc menu will pop up i click play and it plays, now the disc is not loading up there's no menu, when i go into my computer it shows the hd dvd-rom and states the disc still has 4.7G free even if the movie is 1.2 G, this should show 3,5Gfree space anyway when i double click it it reads as follows - hd dvd-rom drive(f:) is currently in use, save any open files on the disc and close the files or program using the files before ejecting the disc.
i have no idea what is going on,it wont even play music cds, i can try the dvd disc in my sons laptop and it works fine also it's still letting me burn a converted movie to a disc so if the disc drive is broken how come it lets me burn discs ???? please if any one could be of help as this is driving me crazy.
Thanks in advance.

kickboxer1 18:17 20 Aug 2009

Anybody ??????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017