Problem starting my laptop! dll?

Nathredwood 19:26 07 Dec 2006

STOP: c000021A {fatal system error}
THE WINDOWS LOGON PROCESS SYSTEM PROCESS TERMINATED UNEXPECTADELY WIT A STATUS OF 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

HELP! Before i had this come up it failed to make it to the login screen because of 'bad images' and refered to missing dll's. I can access the system recovery console before i recieve this message so any help would be great. XP was pre loaded so i have no cd.

Cheers Nath

Nathredwood 19:56 07 Dec 2006

Since my last post my situation has changed. after managing to make it into safe mode on a random restart i did a couple of scans and cleaned up my computer of anything unneccesary. upon restarting my laptop again i now havea message reading.

Windows could not start because rhe following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows seteup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

This is clearly a problemn as i dont have a cd-rom.

Jackcoms 20:06 07 Dec 2006

"This is clearly a problemn as i dont have a cd-rom."

And probably insurmountable, unless you have a copy of Windows on another partition perhaps - which you could burn to CD and use as a setup disk?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 07 Dec 2006

click here

Make a boot CD

copy the system file from C:\windows\repair to c:\windows\systm32\config

woodchip 20:26 07 Dec 2006

If you can get back into safe mode, Go to run and type

SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. It may repair reinstall missing or corrupt files from the i386 folder in the Windows Folder.

It may also be Bad Memory Module

Nathredwood 19:12 08 Dec 2006

cd drive aint workin can i use a data stick and if so what would the file directory be?

VoG II 19:17 08 Dec 2006
  Nathredwood 19:34 08 Dec 2006

cheers vog but i have a problem using this method also as i cant use a cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?