problem with spybot

WILLYCARSON 21:33 17 Aug 2003

i have recently reinstalled everything on my computer. And have reinstalled spybot i tryed to get updates for it and it always crashes. I have allowed it totall access through my firewall. Have tryed it a few times and i am at the end of my tether with it,

Can anyone help me plz, it will ber gratefully appreciated

canard 21:36 17 Aug 2003

last update me too.

Ironman556 21:39 17 Aug 2003

Even on a fresh install on my system, when SS&D updates the program will not work properly while it is downloading.

If I minimize, it won't maximize immidiately, and when it does, doesn't display properly. if this is what you're getting, leave it to carry on and it *will* download and install the updates ok.

Ironman.

krypt1c 21:56 17 Aug 2003

When you say it crashes is this during the search for updates or when trying to download updates? If it's the 2nd try downlaoding from 1 of the mirror sites. I use EON (Australia). The default is Safer-Networking#1 (Europe)

Glyn-252301 21:59 17 Aug 2003

Spybot refuses to update and if I try a second time the graphics freeze. Likely a problem with the server seeing how many folk are having problems. Regards G.

frankie 22:08 17 Aug 2003

i believe they now have a patch for that

WILLYCARSON 22:12 17 Aug 2003

i have tryed thaT . Reinstalled and run update again the same thing happened again. How do u get the patch for it. I have to use the task manager to close it down because it has frozen on me

acfc 22:17 17 Aug 2003

While i don't know what causes the probem I have managed to download the updates. Instead of worring about the fact that it has locked up, just click download and walk away for a couple of cups of tea. When you come back it will have completed the update and all will be well

muppetmark 22:41 17 Aug 2003

It's always that way for a day or two when spybot has been updated, give it time and it will get downloaded,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?