Problem with sound

debsym 20:55 05 Jan 2010

I have a brand new PC with windows 7 from Mesh computers. Sound will only come out of the right side speaker. I'm not getting much help from Mesh spent 25 mins on helpline with no joy and have posted on their help desk. I have only been able to get proper sound after disabling all types of sound then rebooting and windows 7 running problem solver but the result has only been temporary. I don't seem to get good sound all the time. I have a 5.1 speaker set up now having started with a 2.1 when I got the system. I'm not sure how to find out the sound card on windows 7 either.
Any suggestions please?

jamesd1981 21:17 05 Jan 2010

try a program like BELARC ADVISOR it will tell you all the components in your pc also go into control panel enter sound and check its set to 5.1 setup.

rdave13 21:35 05 Jan 2010

Click on audio icon in notification area. Click on 'mixer'. Click on the application (system sounds) icon and click playback tab- single click on speakers and click configure tab bottom left. Try 5.1 surround and test.
Also try sound icon-mixer-speaker icon- and levels tab.
Not sure if this is useful since you've had advice from Mesh already.

debsym 23:22 05 Jan 2010

HI Guys
I have tried some of these ideas when I go into control panel and click on configure and test I don't get sound out of the left side. I did manage it when I deleted some other items that were in the same place as the speaker config and when I rebooted I got full sound for a while but then it wnet. Mesh haven't been very helpful so far. I will try BELARC tomorrow

debsym 19:01 07 Jan 2010

I tried the belarc advisor and found my motherboard spec, downloaded some drivers and it seems fixed.
Thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone