Problem sharing Files over the network!

AcidBurn7uk 21:45 23 Apr 2004

OK, about 2 weeks ago I bought myself a origo BB router with Print Server. Got it all setup and it works fine. I recently went to pull some saved files off another PC on the network, only to get a message about me not having sufficient privelegs to access the network, and to contact the network admin. Two thing, I have an admin account, and I AM the network admin. The second PC on the network can access the network, but the only PC that shows up is itself in netwrok places!! All settings are correct (I Think).
PC1=Fry
PC2=Bender
Workgroup=Futurama

I have ran the network setup wizard on both machines, one FRY is running XP Home and Bender is running XP Pro (For IIS).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

pizzaman 22:03 23 Apr 2004

In XP Professional, you may need to turn off simple file sharing. My Computer/Tools/Folder Options. View tab and deselect Use Simple File Sharing. Then create a user on the XP Pro machine and then right-click the folder you want to share and choose Sharing and Security. Assign permissions to the user you created. When you want to access from the other computer, it will ask for username and password and all should be well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?