Problem with sending and receiving e-mail

Delete 18:05 16 Jan 2006

Im on Tiscali broadband and recently had problems with my e-mails and outlook express.Tiscali said there were no prbs their end.I kept getting the following;A time out error occured while communicating with the server, error no OX800CCC19. Anyone had the same problem or know what the cause is?

Klof Ron 18:10 16 Jan 2006

Do you use Norton AV, if so click here seems that it may be the cause.

Forum Editor 18:10 16 Jan 2006

Norton anti-virus software?

If you are, just try turning it off for a few moments, and then do a send/receive.

Forum Editor 18:11 16 Jan 2006

in stereo!

Totally-braindead 18:14 16 Jan 2006

This may be related to your other thread on spyware, assuming its not have you checked your email settings? In outlook express goto TOOLS then ACCOUNTS then MAIL then PROPERTIES check that your details are correct, you should be using POP3 server and your outgoing mail server should be smtp.tiscali.co.uk your incoming mail should be pop.tiscali.co.uk.

Totally-braindead 18:20 16 Jan 2006

Delete I assume this is sorted as you've ticked it as resolved, could you please tell us how it was solved so if anyone else ends up searching the threads he/she can see how it was solved. Was it disabling Norton?

Delete 19:48 16 Jan 2006

Thanks for all the advise.The prob.isnt resolved as I took the computer to be seen to by the guy who provided it.He reinstalled the soft wear but I still had the same prob. I needed some knowledge to speak to him about it.Sorry Im not as quick as you all are but I have cooked tea for the kids, helped with homework and tried to keep up with your very helpful replies.

Forum Editor 19:56 16 Jan 2006

as if you've got your priorities just right.

There's no rush as far as we're concerned, so take things at your own pace, and come back when you've had a chance to check a couple of the things we've suggested.

If you need us to clarify anything, just ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017