problem sending in outlook

willhay 20:27 21 Mar 2004

Does anyone have trouble sending with outlook, I can send with outlook express but I have moved to outlook and I have the settings the same as express but I still have trouble sending, I have use the test account button and they send perfectly but if I try to send an email to anywhere I just get errors, saying there was an interuption and the message just sits in the outbox. Looks like express is the better version, so much for progress

VoG II 20:30 21 Mar 2004

Can you post the version of Outlook and the exact error message.

There is really no benefit of using Outlook rather than OE just for e-mails. If you're using the calendar etc as well, its different.

Valvegrid 20:34 21 Mar 2004

I'm not sure why you are using Oulook. Outlook is a marvelous tool if you are on an intrenet network, I use it at work in a big organisation but not at home, Outlook Express does everthing I need. It might be worth sticking with good old OE.

willhay 20:38 21 Mar 2004

Task 'Home - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I doubt it is the service provider as I have just sent the same message in express and it went, one thing I have just received the thread notification from here it seems I just cant send, I am using it as we use it at work and using the same thing is always easier, version is from office 2003, hope this helps

VoG II 20:41 21 Mar 2004
  willhay 20:54 21 Mar 2004

nope that didnt work. Anymore ideas before I go back to express

Big Bill 21:12 21 Mar 2004

Check that OL is set as default and that the internet options are the same
i.e. pop etc

willhay 21:15 21 Mar 2004

done that

GaT7 21:35 21 Mar 2004

You may consider a 'repair' of Outlook but might entail doing a complete repair of Office 2003. I'm talking from Office 2000 experience - you may have better repair options in Office 2003 & is worth a try I suppose.

willhay 21:45 21 Mar 2004

Cobblers to it, thanx for the help but nothing has worked, probabley a ploy to make me go and buy office xp, well no way gatesy boy, have gone back to express, cynical O know but there ya go :-)

VoG II 21:46 21 Mar 2004

If you didn't have Office, how come you had Outlook?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?