Problem sending e-mail

TommyRed 21:04 28 Feb 2005

I am trying to send an e-mail but have encountered a problem. When I try and send I get a 'HTML mail question' box which says "Some of the recipients are not listed as being able to receive HTML mai blah, blah, blah" I'm then given 3 options'Send in plain text and HTML, Send in plain text only, send in HTML only' whichever I choose results in a 'Mail Server Password Required' and despit adding every password I can think of, it still pops back up. Any help urgently needed, TIA TR

octal 21:26 28 Feb 2005

It sounds like you're using Thunderbird email client? You get the HTML nag with that. Are you sure its not a problem with your ISP not processing SMTP at the moment. Who is you ISP?

TommyRed 21:35 28 Feb 2005

PlusNet, I'll check the server status and yes, I am using thunderbird. This does happen at times but I've never encountered this problem before. TR

TommyRed 21:46 28 Feb 2005

Can't tell, though there appears to be a problem with certain e-mail clients. Tried to e-mail myself got same result. TR

octal 21:50 28 Feb 2005

I just checked their server status click here and there seems to be a minor problem on the email. Was it working previously? The only other thing I can think of is to try another email client if you have one to make sure its not a problem with Tbird.

octal 21:53 28 Feb 2005

Blast! Sorry about that link, this is the one: click here

TommyRed 22:03 28 Feb 2005

Sent myself an e-mail from yahoo, came through along with another. I'll try again in morning to see if it's a server problem, if still the same I'll contact PlusNet support to see if it's there problem. Thanks TR

octal 22:06 28 Feb 2005

OK mate, good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?