Problem with selecting/printing part of web page

newearwax 18:58 19 May 2008

XP Home SP3 and HP5150 printer in use.
I'm sure that I have highlighted and instructed my printer to print the selection from a web page before without any problems. Recently a dialogue box to save to a .psi file has been appearing. I save but then cannot open the file to print from, and have to copy the selection and paste in to word and then print from there.

What need I do to print a web page selection directly without either creating a.psi file or copying and pasting to Word, or how do I seal with the .psi files, so I can print from them? Is there something to mend or tweak in my system?

newearwax 19:05 19 May 2008

For .psi read .xps

newearwax 07:00 21 May 2008

Shame no replies. :(

Bump

hastelloy 07:11 21 May 2008

I can then adjust the font size (some web pages give very small type) and print.

Woolwell 12:21 21 May 2008

Which browser?
I don't know about the HP5150 but when I want to print a selection of a web page I highlight the bit I want go to Print and select Print Selection.

This may help click here

newearwax 08:54 22 May 2008

@marvin42 That's what I've resorted to doing, but it's clumsy. Don't you agree>

@Woolwell Firefox or its IE Add-on. It's when I do as you suggest that the problem comes, as I said in OP.

What I need to find is what I need install so that the printing task is executed as soon as I click in <print>, just as it would be, were I using Word. for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone