Problem with scanning of photos..

7 16:54 09 Mar 2006

I tried to scan the 4*6 photo on epson 3490 and after scanning i got the whote shadow all along the photographs as i kept photograph in one corner. I want to delete that white space which gpt scanned along with photograph.
I also tried to scan 3 phtos at a time but i was not able to seprate the photos into single one later after scanning...
kinldy help...

ventanas 16:57 09 Mar 2006

Which program are you scanning into? With most photo editors you can select a particular area, in your case one of the photos, copy it to the clipboard, and past it back as a new image.

When scanning you should also be able to select the area you want to scan, so avoiding the surplus area, and the larger file size.

jack 17:19 09 Mar 2006

You do need a fairly comprehensive photo editor to carry our selection and corrections.
Tell us what you have.
Epson usually come bundled with an early Photoshop Elements.
A good free one is Googles Picassa.
Tell us what you have and then one of us will guide through the motions

7 17:48 09 Mar 2006

epson didn't give any software surprisingly even OCR is not there. I have picasa from google but not able to edit it. kindly advice.

7 18:50 09 Mar 2006

any comment....

john-232317 20:20 09 Mar 2006

In picasa, right click photo, select view and edit, in simple fixes tab select crop, get curser to corner of your scanned photo, hold down mouse button and drag around part you want then let go ;-)

Storik 20:39 09 Mar 2006

When you are scanning, the scanner software should give you some degree of control over what you are scanning.

Have you tried dragging your mouse pointer over the area you are scanning and see if this will give you a little box. If so, you should be able to enlarge this box and place it over the photograph you are scanning. That will eliminate the black areas exposed around the photograph.

Hope this will help. :-)

Storic

john-232317 20:49 09 Mar 2006

7 has no scanner software ;-)

ventanas 21:21 09 Mar 2006

click here and download PhotoPlus. You will then be able to separate the photos. There must be some sort of scanner interface provided by the driver that will allow selective scanning. Try as Storik suggests and drag the mouse over the area you want to scan. Have a look for any buttons in the interface when you invoke the scanner and try to see what they do.

terryf 21:45 09 Mar 2006

I don't understand what you are using to scan in the first place, my epson scanner works with twain which is part of win xp but I scan from within photo editing programs using import. This brings up Twain that allows me to select a portion of the photo or item that I am scanning

cycoze 22:09 09 Mar 2006

click here for Epson Scan software download 12.69 MB, it will do what you require of it, EPSON Scan directly controls all of the features of your EPSON scanner.

click here forother downloads for your model including an online guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?