problem with scanner Umax Astra 2200

justkevin 08:36 27 Feb 2006

I run wk200 Pro and am trying to get this scanner to work.The tech dept of Astra merely say"it should be alright!"I get scanner link fail whenever I try to copy something.Does anyone have any suggestions.It is connected by USB connection.Additionally I would like to turn it off sometimes as I use it infrequently but the tech dept say just leave it on.This leasving on runs down the life of the tube,hence my reason for wanting tio turn it off.

Diemmess 09:17 27 Feb 2006

Having struggled recently (and succeeded) to install an old Epson SCSI scanner into 2K, I know how frustrating it can be.
Try the drivers from this site -
click here

Then if you can find your scanner in Device Manager you can select 'update drivers'.

Clearly the people you spoke to either don't konw or don't care with the ridiculous advice to leave it switched on!
It might have to be switched on before booting for a session, but that is different from leaving it on all the time.

Fingees 10:26 27 Feb 2006

bump

Fingees 14:19 27 Feb 2006

I've bumped it up for you to keep it near the top.

jack 14:37 27 Feb 2006

How is this particular scanner powered?
If this is a '95/8 ere device the drivers/twain will need updating to NT.
Many scanner brands did not make the migration, due to the firmware in the scanner not being able to update.

Diemmess 15:08 27 Feb 2006

The Google link I mentioned, offers drivers for 98,ME/2K/XP specifically for this scanner.

justkevin may not be using NT, I'm not and 2000 is a fine OS, XP without the frilly bits!

jack 20:24 27 Feb 2006

Diemmess
Why I mentioned NT is because both 2000 and XP
are variants of that fine system and yes 2000 is great.
I guess in a parallel world one could call XP 'Bloatware'

Diemmess 21:18 27 Feb 2006

My thoughts exactly.
I use the FAT 32 setup because it suits my lack of sense of adventure.

justkevin 10:38 28 Feb 2006

I was under the impression that Wk2000 was in fact NT I get the NT display on startup so I guess that must be the system I have.How is this system powered I don,t know,how could I find out? Umax say it won,t appear in scanners and camera in system file,sometimes I get the link fail to scanner display>How can I tell if the driver Is installed,I ask as sometimes when going into Add/troubleshoot hardware etc,it is detected and the prompt for find this file etc.as it,s needed,on adding this file from the cd I get the blue screen treatment, Error.This scanner did work once or twice giving a faded copy only so I changed the tube and from then on these problems arise.

Diemmess 11:27 28 Feb 2006

Right click on My Computer. Click on Properties and it will say (above the pie chart) what file system you are using - Mine says FAT 32.

The Windows splash screen during boot-up will say something like NT, but that is just the banner proclamation.

My point is that if you are using the FAT32 system then the drivers should work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone