Problem - To Save To CD RW Disk Please Help!

Shikaree 14:18 21 Aug 2009

Hi Folks,

I'm having problems trying to Save to my CD-RWs, Please Help.

I have a Philips CD Disk 4-12X Multispeed 80Mins/700MB. It says in Property that my CD/DVD Rom is working properly but when I have the document open > File> SAVE AS> Click CD DriveD - where my blank CD is it comes up - You do not have access to Folder D:/. I click OK and get - See your Administrator for access tio the Folder. Please HELP!!!

Thanks

Shikaree

brundle 14:31 21 Aug 2009

Save the file to your hard-drive and then drag and drop that file to the CD - you can't burn directly to CDRW unless you're using packet-writing software ( click here )

brundle 14:31 21 Aug 2009

for "you can't burn directly to CDRW" read "you can't save directly to CDRW"

Shikaree 14:42 21 Aug 2009

Hi brundle, thanks. But how do I Drag & Drop a Document from my Hard Drive to this CD-RW please.

Shikaree 14:43 21 Aug 2009

And what Packet-writing Softwear should I get, plrase

[email protected] 14:50 21 Aug 2009

This should do the trick :-

click here

brundle 14:50 21 Aug 2009

This applies to XP, but the principle is the same in Vista (and Windows 7); click here

Personally I would steer clear of packet writing software - the discs can only be read on a system that has the software installed - discs burned as described in the link above can be read on any machine with a decent CDROM/CDRW drive.

If you're not put off by the limitations Nero used to do one called InCD but I don't know if it's still current.click here

Technotiger 14:51 21 Aug 2009

To gain access, try click here

Shikaree 15:09 21 Aug 2009

oldal1, Thanks for the LINK.

brundle - I had Roxeo & InCD but I think when I had a disk crash it all went. I have Nero now

Technotiger - Thanks for the Link

Shikaree 15:09 21 Aug 2009

oldal1, Thanks for the LINK.

brundle - I had Roxeo & InCD but I think when I had a disk crash it all went. I have Nero now

Technotiger - Thanks for the Link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?