Problem with sata dvd writer model Pioneer bdc s02

Stato 21:36 03 Jan 2010

I have just built a new computer and have installed two SATA hard drives which are working okay. I had to install an IDE dvd drive to install Windows 7 because the SATA dvd drive I have installed is not been recognised by the computer.
My motherboard is Elitegroup GEForce 6100M-M2 which has an AM2 dual core processor and 1gb ram.
I have 4 SATA connectors on the motherboard and two SATA power connectors from my PSU which work as they were previosly powering my hard drives. I purchased a connector which converted one of my old power connectors to SATA and tried these on the DVD drive and it didn't work so in porder to check if these connectors worked I fitted them to the Hard drives and attached one of the PSU SATA plugs to the DVD drive and it is still not working.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

jamesd1981 21:40 03 Jan 2010

is the drive getting any power at all.

User-312386 22:08 03 Jan 2010

Well it looks like you have done all you can! It sounds like you have done all you can apart from going to a friends house and trying the drive on another PC

Stato 22:34 03 Jan 2010

James1981 the data light on the drive was flashing but I had to use the hole at the front to get the drawer to open.
madboy33 I will see if one of my friends will be able to try my drive in their machine.
I have been reading up on this for the past couple of days and was wondering if I would have to update the bios on the m board or the firmware on the dvd drive.

User-312386 23:01 03 Jan 2010

Ah i thought you said it didnt work at all. if you see a light flashing then try the sata connection in one that you know is working ie hard drive one and use the hard drive sata cable

Stato 21:22 08 Jan 2010

I took the drive to my friends house and he got the same response as i did it looks like no power is going onto the drive. I will be taken it back to the shop tomorrow.

Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?