Problem with Samsung ML1510 Laser Printer

ArchieW 18:02 25 Jan 2011

When switched on, my Samsung ML1510 mono Laser Printer starts up with the usual whirring noise and up to now, this has lasted only a few seconds, then it goes quiet until a document is sent for printing, when it starts churning away, then produces the printed document. However, it has just developed a fault in that it does not 'settle down', i.e. the initial whirring noise just keeps going on and on. Can anyone please advise a solution that does not involve opening up the printer, as I have only limited technical knowledge. Thank you.

Daiol 18:08 25 Jan 2011

What about trying to reinstall printer.Off chance maybe.d

Woolwell 18:31 25 Jan 2011

Laser printer's generate heat and the whirring noise is usually the fan. It is possible that the fan is switching on and then failing to stop or it needs to keep running as the printer is too hot. You need to also check that no foreign object has got left behind (perhaps a bit of paper) and that the paper path is completely clear.

ArchieW 19:05 26 Jan 2011

Thanks guys - I have followed up both of your suggestions, but to no avail. Thanks for your help anyway.

northumbria61 19:26 26 Jan 2011

It normally comes with a 2yr on-site Warranty - is it still in Warranty?

ArchieW 19:48 26 Jan 2011

Hi, Northumbria - no, warranty has long since expired.

northumbria61 19:58 26 Jan 2011

Local Repair Shop? May be able to supply/fit new fan - OR there's one available in this list on Ebay which you would possibly get cheap enough for spares.

northumbria61 19:59 26 Jan 2011

LINK here click here

ArchieW 20:29 26 Jan 2011

Many thanks for your help,northumbria.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?