problem with restoring e-mails in outlook

pooperscooper 10:54 22 Nov 2006

I have jusr re-installed windows and I backed up my e-mails per the instructions on the microsoft site. Now when I try to re-install all my e-mails it wont work, I open up outlook express go to file-import-etc...then when I click on the folder that I backed up my e-mails to, (it's on my desktop) outlook express tells me there is nothing in the folder, or something else is using the program? when I have looked there is all the files in the folder OK, so why would it twell me there is nothing in there?....How can i restore these e-mails please they are really important, I am running zp home with outlook 6...Thanks,

Charlie Babbage 11:01 22 Nov 2006

Are you sure that the back-up files actually went to the folder which OE is looking at?

Go to My computer and navigate to the folder. Open the folder to see if there are any files there. If not try doing a file search in case the back-ups have gone somewhere else.

If the files are in the folder, I'm sorry but I don't knwo what else to suggest but I'm sure that someone else will eb able to help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?