Problem registering Ad-Aware 2007

bluto1 19:43 08 Jun 2007

I downloaded to desktop yesterday and didn`t have time to run it.
Clearing rubbish out of my PC last night I also cleared Ad-Aware SE. This AM I ran the new version and discovered that I needed the e-mail address, password and original licence key to activate it. I haven`t got them so I thought I`d apply for a new licence key. Trouble is, when I need anything from Lavasoft I find I need the old e-mail address at least.
Has anyone any idea how I can register ? I`m not thinking clearly enough to trust myself.
Thank you.

VoG II 20:01 08 Jun 2007

Which version have you installed?

bluto1 20:06 08 Jun 2007

`Evening VoG, The free one

VoG II 20:17 08 Jun 2007

Hmm. Well I installed the free one yesterday and I didn't need to activate it at all - it just ran!

ICF 20:21 08 Jun 2007

No registration required here also

bluto1 20:22 08 Jun 2007

I`ll uninstall and re-install, that might do it,
thanks for help

Probabilitydrive 20:32 08 Jun 2007

Its advisable-after the uninstall-to search for lavasoft/ad-aware folders (Start>search) and delete remnant folders.

If you have a reg cleaner (reg mechanic, CCleaner) use them to mob up redundant registry entries.

Your system should then be prepared for a fresh install of Ad-Aware 2007.

(If you use NIS 2006 you might be unable to use the web-update feature...but that's probably a bridge you fall of once you get there...;-)

bluto1 20:46 08 Jun 2007

All is well now, the error was totally human. I shouldn`t have clicked on the `renew` tab to renew my licence. Thanks for your input Probability drive, now resolved.

bluto1 20:48 08 Jun 2007

Sorry, I`ve just seen your post and it says exactly what I found out the hard way. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?