Problem receiving Google Mail

Penelope Pitstop 12:25 09 Nov 2008

I have not received an email into my Google mail in box since about 1pm yesterday (8th November). I sent myself a test email about 9pm last night an have again this morning and they came in all right. I am not aware of changing anything. Can anyone help please. Thank you.

bremner 13:18 09 Nov 2008

Why do you think there is a problem?

You have sent a message to the account and received it. All seems OK.

Penelope Pitstop 13:26 09 Nov 2008

Hi Bremner, normally, I would have received at least tens of emails and maybe more in my spam. I have shown I can receive one from me but would there be a reason why I cannot from anyone else at all? It's just very unusual. Thanks for making a start anyway.

Sea Urchin 13:46 09 Nov 2008

Ask a couple of your friends to send you mail - if that's OK I think you've nothing to worry about. And it's unusual to hear someone worried about NOT receiving spam :-)

Penelope Pitstop 16:38 09 Nov 2008

Two people have now sent a test email to my google mail address and to my hotmail adress timed 14.50 and 15.34. I can see the ones in my hotmail box OK but not in my googlemail. I have just sent myself an email from googlemail to googlemail and it works but not from hotmail to googlemail.

Now, I have been to my settings in googlemail > accounts and "get mail from other accounts", which says last checked 24 hours ago. I have clicked "check mail now" and all my e-mails have come in. Hooray! But I am still wondering why this happened in the first place and whether it will again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?