Problem with Realplayer

the old man 11:34 20 Jan 2006

I have noticed that when I have played one or two video files from the BBCnews and sport website the screen goes green and there is still sound but no picture. Does anyone have any idea what may be happening. I have seen it happen on one or two other sites but never really took any notice.

the old man 19:02 21 Jan 2006

any one got any ideas please.

VoG II 19:19 21 Jan 2006

I would uninstall RealPlayer and use JetAudio click here (click Basic download at the bottom) or Real Alternative click here

the old man 19:38 21 Jan 2006

Would JetAudio or RealAlternative work on the BBC wesite as they only use RealPlayer.

VoG II 19:42 21 Jan 2006

Yes they do, the old man. I use them myself.

the old man 19:43 21 Jan 2006

Sorry, disregard as I have engaged brain and looked on relevant websites for info. dddduuuuurrrrrr.

the old man 22:27 21 Jan 2006

did as you said and uninstalled realplayer. have downloaded both you suggested with real alternative as default. Just been onto BBC website and watched a video of Newcastle manager, played fine. Then watched video of Alan Shearer and the screen went green again. very strange.

ashdav 02:06 22 Jan 2006

It's important that you fully remove Realplayer.
Using add/remove function in Windows won't do it.
Suggest you read this click here
and scroll down to the 4th post by Judge.
When you have done this download (if you've not already got it) Ccleaner click here
and run "issues" and delete everything it finds until it returns no result.
then I would strongly suggest you install Mediaplayer Classic click here
If you still have a problem after this you probably have a hardware problem.
Post back if it doesn't work.

ashdav 02:19 22 Jan 2006

A few details of your system might be in order too.
How old is it and what OS are you using ?

Daibus 10:08 22 Jan 2006

File.

the old man 14:00 22 Jan 2006

athlon xp 2000+, 512 ram, nvidia fx5200, 2HDD 1 of 20gb 1 of 80gb. WINXP SP1, Avast, ZA, CCleaner, MSantispyware, a-squared, spybot, spywareblaster. I think all drivers are up to date. 99.9% certain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?