Problem reading "Games for Windows" discs

Caddy06_88 22:24 06 Oct 2008

So I picked up Crysis today, installed the game and everything was working fine. I then tried to patch the game, 1.1,1.2 and 1.2.1, and then a strange problem started happening. Basically, my PC just stopped detecting the disc. Everytime I would try and load the game up, it would come up telling me to insert the original Crysis disc, which is already in the drive.

I then tried to play another game, Command and Conquer 3, and it worked fine. And then I tried Civilization 4 and I experience the same problem as the Crysis disc, and the link is they are both Games for Windows discs. So I un-installed Crysis and everything to do with it, deleted the patches and even done a System Restore, but the problem is still here, and I can't install Crysis again.

I can't really find any info on this kind of problem, and I am getting rather annoyed. If anybody has any idea, I would greatly appreciate a response.

Thanks.

GaT7 01:27 07 Oct 2008

Quite a few experiencing the same problem click here.

Known errors with the updates with possible solutions to some of them click here. G

Caddy06_88 13:12 07 Oct 2008

For the disc error problem, it suggests I turn off any virtual tools and start again, but I don't have any virtual tools.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?