problem with radeon 9250

KPC 09:17 04 Feb 2007

we have a computer with this graphics card installed and for some reason it keeps crashing the computer.It had a 350 watt power supply and i have just installed a 480 watt that i had spare to see if it was a power issue, but no luck.
The specs are
xp pro
512 memory
1.7 amd sempron
asus k8v mx board.

It doesnt crash all the time, but at least 3 times a day. we tried to install the new updated driver but still no change. And the ati catylist control centre keeps popping up prompting you to report the error and resetting the graphics asking you to restart all the time.

Totally-braindead 09:37 04 Feb 2007

I would just buy a new card, you can get something thats at least as good as what you have for perhaps £30-40.

KPC 09:39 04 Feb 2007

Yes but if it is just a settings issue, thats a bit of a waste of money.

Stuartli 10:59 04 Feb 2007

I have a Radeon 9550 and use the ATi driver but not the Catalyst software, which is very bloated.

Instead I use ATI Tray Tools which is a very much smaller download, yet achieves very similar results. It can be downloaded from:

click here

It's also worth reading the excellent, well written guide and following the advice about removing current graphics drivers (using Drive Cleaner Pro, which is freeware) at:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?