Problem printing pictures

paddyjack 20:29 29 Aug 2006

The printer is a C66, for the last 18 months or so it has performed admirably, and printed hundreds of photos without any problem. OS Xp Pro

But now it has started to print a darker version of the picture, and if there is any form of shadow then that is printed black with total loss of detail. I have not changed my ink supplier.

I have tried all the settings for print, tried different papers, tried different software options (Windows print picture, Epson photoquicker, and Kodak as well) all with the same results.

It has always worked on the factory default settings, and it is still set at that.

Can anybody give me some pointers on this problem?

Stuartli 20:46 29 Aug 2006

As you have obviously tried everything you possibly could do, perhaps a look at colour management might help?

See these links:

click here

click here

click here

To be honest my Epson R300 reproduces what was captured digitally on camera very well with the bulk of the standard settings, although I have selected Best Photo and Epson Vivid (rather than standard colour management) for photo prints.

paddyjack 20:54 29 Aug 2006

Thanks Stuartli

Will give it a try

David4637 16:35 30 Aug 2006

Have you got an original image on your PC that you printed out and was good. Its useful to keep a bench mark photo that you are happy with, so when things go wrong you can check by printing the original out again and have an instant comparison. David

woodchip 20:05 30 Aug 2006

When you press print go to properties Look in Custom Print Settings and lift the Brightness slider till you get it right

paddyjack 20:25 30 Aug 2006

Thanks David4637 got plenty of those, just waiting to get the same paper again.

woodchip done some of that, now out of paper. Will keep trying.

woodchip 22:19 30 Aug 2006

If you get it right save the settings give it a name so you can just load the custom settings next time

paddyjack 22:40 30 Aug 2006

Don’t worry woodchip I will, but I just wonder why it has decided to throw such a wobbly on me. But that’s computers, and all that goes with them for you.

woodchip 23:25 30 Aug 2006

It may be the paper it could be the printer Colour ICM that as been changed by some other hardware you have loaded

Stuartli 15:29 31 Aug 2006

Just for interest I've just scanned and printed out on Epson Premium Photo quality paper a copy of a new type driving licence on behalf of a friend.

I use cheap compatibles i.e. less than £1 a cartridge, yet the differences between the original licence and the photo prints are virtually undetectable.

Only the EU log blue is fractionally lighter on the photo than the original, but the pink background is exactly the same.

Stuartli 15:29 31 Aug 2006

Just for interest I've just scanned and printed out on Epson Premium Photo quality paper a copy of a new type driving licence on behalf of a friend.

I use cheap compatibles i.e. less than £1 a cartridge, yet the differences between the original licence and the photo prints are virtually undetectable.

Only the EU log blue is fractionally lighter on the photo than the original, but the pink background is exactly the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?