Problem printing CD on Pixma ip4200

hastelloy 15:39 08 Jul 2009
Answered

It takes the tray in, then pushes it out and then tells me that the tray or a CD is not present. I've tried unticking "recognise when a CD is present" but it makes no difference. Anyone any solutions please?

brambles 17:37 08 Jul 2009

Marvin42 - I have a Canon Model-IP4500i purchased specifically because it printed CD's.
I had a lot of difficulties initially - finding the slot to put it in wasn't easy - also the CD doesn't go in completely until you start printing. So persevere Marvin make sure you put the CD holder in with the arrow pointing inwards.
Canon have a very good help desk too - I'm sure they will help you if you continue to experience problems. Oh and the results are very good when you get there! Brambles

hastelloy 18:58 08 Jul 2009

I have an Epson R800 at home and have never had a problem but at work the ip4200 is driving me mad!!! The CD goes in OK but is obviously not recognised and comes straight out again. I have tried several CDs.

hastelloy 12:48 09 Jul 2009
Answer

Just to prove you should always try the simple answer first - a re-install of the printer drivers did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?