Problem with the power cable...any tip, tricks...

SJM_81 12:19 13 Mar 2011

...to fix this problem? I have to wiggle the cable, where the cable connects to the laptop in order to charge it.

This is the 4th laptop ive had this problem :(

Is there a way i can fix this at home?

Thanks.

xania 12:25 13 Mar 2011

I've not had this problem with any of my laptops. Seem's that you may somehow be damaging the connector or the wire at the point where it go into the back of the connector. How do you remove the cable from the laptop? I always pull the connector and never the wire!

birdface 12:41 13 Mar 2011

Probably the connection to the mother board has come loose and needs to be resoldered.
Looks like you need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Jameslayer 12:49 13 Mar 2011

Its quite a common fault based on my friends experiences.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:23 13 Mar 2011

Make / model ?

DC jack repair
click here

Not a fix I'm afraid, but this problem is quite often caused by using a laptop "on your lap" with the power cable attached.

Can be a bit costly to fix , so good practice is to always charge battery on a flat surface so that cable doesn't get bent around and socket detached from motherboard.

onthelimit 14:31 13 Mar 2011

Had two laptops with this problem. One was a broken wire within the plug shroud. The other was a broken socket on the mobo. The first was fixed by buying a 10 quid replacement adaptor. The other involved an hour to strip the laptop; 10mins to solder a new socket on and an hour to rebuild (first time I'd done this model). Manuals are available on line, but not something to try with no experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?