problem posting to a thread

palinka 21:31 29 Oct 2005

Is it the "new look" that's causing my problem, 'cos i've been posting in this forum for years and never had this problem before - I responded to an existing thread, twice, but neither of my responses appeared. In My Postings the thread I'd posted to appeared, but still what I had sent didn't appear. Any solution, please? Only discovered the new look today - been away.

p;3 21:45 29 Oct 2005

are you sure you actually posted in the thread you thought you posted in?

watchful 21:46 29 Oct 2005

Is this the thread you mean? click here
Because you've posted three times. Perhaps you didn't realise it was on page four?

woodchip 21:57 29 Oct 2005

Roughly where are you located as I am 14 miles North west Sheffield and Having Probs with Connection to London location with bad Ping

palinka 22:03 29 Oct 2005

thanks, Watchful. That was one of them. My postings have appeared there now, but it's taken ages; it used to be instantaneous. ie click "post response" and within a few seconds there was the original thread with one's post to it at the end. it sems to be taking MUCH longer now. Thanks, Woodchip; I'm in Cumbria.

palinka 22:12 29 Oct 2005

I see now that as Watchful says it's on p4; but my confusion was caused by the new layout - too wide, and as some people have already said, a bit too pale. Having to log in with user name AND password is a pain too; rather defeats the object of the link in the notifying email. Ah well, maybe in a week or two I'll have got used to it but I've made very slow progress this evening.

watchful 22:28 29 Oct 2005

Have a read of this thread: click here

It tells you how to re-configure it starting by clicking on your username at top left.

Xzrox 22:44 29 Oct 2005

click here to read how to AutoLogin.

VoG II 23:32 29 Oct 2005

I now AutoLogin anyway. No need for fancy shortcuts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone