problem with pics as attachments

victorsj 11:03 26 Jul 2009

Hi, I can't seem to send pics from my pictures as attachments which will open. Pics from other people come in as big ones in the main body of the email. Can you give me v easy info re how to be able to send and receive pics as attachments. I did have picasa3 which seemed to start all this problem but have installed it. Easy instructions would be a great help, I need to send some photos asap. Thanks victorsj

mooly 11:57 26 Jul 2009

Have you ever been able to send pics ? What are they seeing at the other end.
Are you using web based email such as Yahoo or GMail etc ?
The pictures should be .jpgs
If they are large (as in file size), then you need to reduce them to around 150 to 300kb in size. You can do this in "paint"

BRYNIT 12:41 26 Jul 2009

If you are using windows mail or similar instead of selecting the paper clip attachment select insert and then select the picture, this will put the picture in the main body of the email.

victorsj 17:31 26 Jul 2009

Thanks for yourreplies. Yes I have been able to open pic attachments in the past. I do use the insert at the top when I am wanting to send any attachment. What has started this problem is that I downloaded picasa3 and it seems to have created this problem - I think that my setting need tweaking (have now removed it and keeping to simple my pictures). Pics are jpgs in my pictures they have jpg and a number on them. So grateful for any help. Regards, victorsj

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?